Tuesday, January 27, 2009

This S@#$ Sucks!!!

The recession has finally curled up and made itself at home in my life. I just lost my favorite roomie and television watching partner to the Great White North. I was kinda doing OK since my other partner in crime, was going to be able to mourn her loss with me over Bollywood movies, and Champagne in our new fabulous apartment. That was until I found out that my second partner in crime just got laid off, and will most definitely be moving away for a new Job. Last Thursday.. a week before we are scheduled to move into said fabu apartment.... a week before our lease is up. So here I am on Tuesday, with a move out date of Saturday with all my belonging still unpacked, and no apartment to move into. Sometimes life blows.

I do believe that everything truly happens for a reason, and I trust that a year from now said reason will reveal itself, but right now this S#$@ sucks!!! I've lived successfully through one diaspora, when my best friends that I've known forever moved away to finish different levels of education in various states/countries. However after meeting a second group of wonderful ladies in the city, I'm having difficulty with the second movement. I just can't believe that I will meet other amazing girls that will become as important to me as my current group of girls. Whom I miss dearly, and call and visit every opportunity I get.

Maybe apart of my frustration is that I constantly watch them drive away to new adventures, and being left behind can sometimes be harder than leaving. In either case I know that I'm up for another round of friendship making, I have no choice. While I did consider becoming a hermit, I'm relational and enjoy my girlfriends, guy friends, and general camaraderie that comes when you really get to know someone and can let down your hair, laugh until you almost pee your pants, and can cry unabashedly.

Right now, I am grateful for the previously named vortex of selfishness who tonight lifted my spirits with a shot of tequila, hug, and laughter. I forgot that's probably why I fell for him in the first place. His warmth, and moments of genuine care. Anyway I look forward to new friends, and great travels with my forever friends. Next time I write might be from my new home under a bridge but hopefully with new adventures around the corner.

1 comment:

CC said...

hey lady, i miss my tv watching partner too! m doesn't watch all of the same shows as us and she really doesn't pick up on the subtle hilariousness and awkwardness that we always did!!

i'm sorry about all of the moving drama and that v has to move soonish. but shine and power through and you'll be out of there soon too.

HEART YOU DEARLY!!