Sunday, November 9, 2008

How Do You Get Through Life?

I will never cease to be amazed by the absolute absurd nature of the guests in my Hotel. Honestly you'd think that studying and immersing myself in human rights would be where I would confront most of the negative aspects of human nature but noooo, not so friends. I've seen pettiness, greed, condescension, violence,and just unbelievably cruel mean streaks. All from behind a reception desk. But my favorite thing of all time (and by favorite I mean not) is the complete helplessness and co-dependency of grown, supposedly successful and mature adults that ask, cry, and bitch about things that a 12 year old can do.

When I go to another city, I always look up things I want to see, check to see what the weather is like, and find out about public transportation if I'm not driving. At the very least I find out where my hotel is. All this probably seems like common sense, but the amount of people who call the hotel from the airport to find out how to get to the Hotel, and even more where it is..... is ASTOUNDING. I've had people call and ask me for directions from Houston, for those of you unfamiliar with Houston its another major city in Texas located 4 hours away from Dallas. I've had people from New Orleans, another freaking state, call and ask for directions. Hello Dum Dum's its called Map quest, don't get into your car and then call for directions that's stupid, Oh and don't get pissed off because I don't know how to get from every major city in the United States to Dallas. Texas is a big freaking place, I've lived here for 10 years and I still need maps occasionally. Another thing is getting to the airport then calling to ask me to call you a cab...ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME!! Every Major airport including DFW has a cab area, or shuttle and if you can't find it there are a thousand kiosks with helpful costumer service agents to help you. I would like to point out that by the time I've called you a cab, and they find someone pseudo close to the airport, and the driver has driven there, you would have been half way to the Hotel. Be prepared, know where you are going and for the Love of God brush off and use the common sense I know must be buried deep in the recesses of your brain