Friday, December 5, 2008

In 5,4,3,2,1 Read

This semester has flown by, and it was a long, hard haul. Learning how to shoot and edit video properly, endless work hours, and doing endless homework. I bitched and whined, slept too little, gained a pound or two, got sick, well I'm still sick; and gave up any semblance of a social life, oh yes and I whined some more. But at the end of the day, it was all worth it, after busting my butt all semester to learn how to put together a show, an actual news program; in a control room of my peers we aired a news program on the economy. We all worked disgustingly hard on and it, and I had the pleasure of producing. It was the most intense half hour of my life; but when it was all said and done, and we closed the show I was floating on cloud 9. I never in all my wildest dreams imagined that anything would feel so right, that I would actually feel this accomplished . All the mornings I cursed having to be awake at 5:00 a.m. to learn the positions in the control room, and write stories before my brain even started to function, all the interviews I chased down, all hours spent editing, rolling cable, manning camera's, learning to produce, all the tears I shed when I failed on the road. ALL OF IT, SO WORTH IT. I have spontaneously burst into tears on more than one occasion over the past few days. It could be the stress, or it could be that for the first time ever, I know exactly what I was meant to do.

No comments: